Did you know that cinnamon is not only good for it’s flavor?
Cinnamon has a very long history of uses, going back to Egypt. It has been used as:
- An embalming agent
- A way to control blood sugar
- A fat burner
I use cinnamon every day in my oatmeal. It certainly helps the flavor when avoiding sweeteners.
There have been a lot of studies done, with diabetes patients, to support the evidence that it helps to control blood sugar.
To learn more read more:
Cinnamon Extract Tames Blood Sugar | Wellness Times.
- Heavenly Cinnamon (fightfitnews.wordpress.com)
- Cinnamon for Diabetes? It May Work, But Just Barely (diabeticmediterraneandiet.com)
- Why Cinnamon for Diabetes Treatment is Among Most Simple, Effective Solutions (naturalsociety.com)
- Why Cinnamon for Diabetes Treatment is Among Most Simple, Effective Solutions (docakilah.wordpress.com)
- Cinnamon is kind of magical : 9 benefits (funkyfitnesspdx.wordpress.com)
- Bring Out Your Spicy Side With Cinnamon-Inspired Ingredients (bellasugar.com)
- Sayer Ji ~ Cinnamon’s Infection And Diabetes-Fighting Properties Revealed (shiftfrequency.com)
- A popular household ingredient could help improve your blood sugar! (survivingonterra3.wordpress.com)
- Cinnamon: Balancing Blood Sugar – Defeating Diabetes (tipshealthyou.wordpress.com)
- Cinnamon (anugerah9bersama.wordpress.com)
5 thoughts on “What do you know about Cinnamon?”
I know that I love love love the taste! I hope it doesn’t have a lot of calories! Now to read the paragraphs following the title of this post.
Cinnamon in powdered form or extract. Is there a difference? For now my concern is calories and fat and if has vitamin/minerals.
Fat burner? That’s interesting esp. for me. I have 30 pounds to go to reach my pre-fat goal of 150 pounds.
No calories at all in cinnamon. Wondered if you’ve heard of stevia? 200 times sweeter than sugar, a natural food, no calories, no sugar dependencies, proven safe for diabetics (even kids). Worth trying 🙂
Thanks Vinny! I use stevia, as well, daily.
That’s great! Do you have any good recipes kids might like?
I’m still trying to figure out what my kids like! LOL! Their tastes change daily! Mac & Cheese is their absolute favorite – that’s one I can’t go wrong with!