…Increases Stroke Risk!
Believe it or not, you cause more stress to the body when you do not get proper rest. This can result in many types of physical or chronic conditions in the body, including stroke.
“The 30 percent of working adults who routinely sleep less than six hours a night are four times more likely to suffer a stroke, a new study says.”
This even applies to those who are considered healthy and have no other factors that would associate them to trigger it!
So, try to remember to get some REST!
Read more here: http://www.sci-tech-today.com/story.xhtml?story_id=023000HJ1V6Y
- Sleep treatments could “prevent the development of stroke” (time4sleep.co.uk)
- Stroke Glossary (everydayhealth.com)
- How Stress And Sleep Loss Are Shortening Your Life (forbes.com)
- Are Sleep Problems a Growing Epidemic? (voanews.com)
- Blood pressure ‘rises with lack of bed rest’ (time4sleep.co.uk)