Look what I stumbled upon >>>
Here are the seven reasons you should create your own professional or interest-based blog:
- Your blog is an online advertisement for your writing or editing services, or for documents or publications you write or your company produces.
- Your blog is an extension of your résumé that allows you to present content about your professional experience, as well as writing samples, in one convenient location.
- Your blog will convey your personality, allowing prospective collaborators, clients, and employers to gain a good first impression of you.
- Your blog enables you to network with other writers and editors or other people in your industry or sphere of interest.
- Your blog demonstrates to prospective associates that you are passionate and knowledgeable about the subject area you blog about.
- Your blog establishes you as an expert (or someone with interest if not expertise) and as someone who engages in extra effort to acquire and share knowledge and information about a profession or area of interest.
- Your blog provides you with a forum for developing your communication skills — not just writing but also video and audio, as well as interactivity such as networking, commenting on other websites and blogs, and responding to comments on your blog.
Sound like you?
Originally posted by Daily Writing Tips: http://www.dailywritingtips.com/7-reasons-to-publish-a-blog/
- 7 Reasons to Publish a Blog (dailywritingtips.com)
- The Close Relation Between Blogging & Freelance Writing (weblogbetter.com)
- How to blog or not to blog that is the question (bottledworder.wordpress.com)
- 5 reasons why you should consider blogging (zemanta.com)
- Seven Reasons It’s Okay to Be Egotistical Enough to Blog (notanothermillennial.com)
- Blogging – What I’ve Learned (fivesafellowship.com)
- Yes, You Should Blog and Tweet Before You’re Published (angelaquarles.com)