Try this recipe:
1/4 cup coconut milk (Like I said, you can either make your own, or use store-bought)
1/3 cup liquid castile soap (like Dr. Bronner’s)
1 tsp vitamin E, olive or almond oil
10 to 20 drops your choice of essential oils (I used lavender. Next time I think I’ll do something citrusy
And, let me know what you think!
- Homemade Shampoo (thegreensister.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Coconut Milk (dishesanddishes.wordpress.com)
- Coconut Oil for Skin Care – Part 2 (skincarebydonna.wordpress.com)
- Health Benefits of Coconut Oil, Water and More : 5 Uses and 5 Products Under $5 (savings.com)
- Forever Favourite: Dr Bronners Castile Soap. (styledsuccess.wordpress.com)
2 thoughts on “Homemade Coconut Milk Shampoo!”
What a fabulous idea! In Ayurveda Coconut is put on the head to reduce excess heat in the body/mind, as well as inflammation, headache, etc. And of course the oil is so healing for the hair. What a wonderful, purposeful way to get the benefits of coconut without the fuss of oily head massage! Thank you.
You are welcome! Thank you for educating me as well! I didn’t know Coconut could reduce heat, inflammation, and headaches! I did know it that it was a good supplement for the heart as well – like olive oil. Coconut is awesome!