OK, Thanksgiving came and went, and I’m as guilty as everyone else! LOL! I overate and probably gained about 10 lbs. I cooked so much food and had so many leftovers. We ate leftovers for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! There is still Christmas or whatever holidays or special occasions you celebrate this time of year.
So, I thought I would offer a few simple tips to help keep the fat off during the remaining holiday season!
- Exercise – you must continue to keep up your exercise routine
- Try holiday activities that get the whole family (and guests) up and moving or simply busy, and not just sitting around the dinner table, i.e. charades, monopoly, Xbox connect, etc.
- Try to avoid emotional eating. For some, the joy of being surrounded by family and friends can cause overindulgence. For others, holidays can be sad and depressing, causing overeating. Be aware of your feelings during this time and be mindful.
Here are some at home and in the gym exercises:
On the road or at home. . .
No equipment or gym required! Do as many reps of each exercise as you can in one minute, moving from one to the next without stopping. Rest 90 seconds, then repeat the circuit a total of three or four times.
1. Jumping Jacks
2. Squat Jumps
3. Side-to-Side Hops: Keeping your knees slightly bent and feet together, imagine you’re jumping back and forth over a line on the floor.
4. Burpees: Squat to place your hands on the ground, jump back into a plank position, and do a pushup. Reverse the move to return to standing, jumping off the ground to finish each rep.
At the gym. . .
Try this interval workout on any cardio machine. To up the effort, increase the incline, resistance, or speed.
0-5 minutes: Warmup (easy effort—you can sing at this pace)
5-7 minutes: Moderate effort (you can carry on a conversation)
7-10 minutes: Hard effort (you can speak a few words at a time)
10-12 minutes: Moderate effort
12-14 minutes: Recovery (easy effort)
14-16 minutes: Very hard effort (you’re huffing and puffing too much to talk)
16-20 minutes: Cooldown (easy effort)
- 6 Ways to Lose Weight During the Holidays (jessicasmithtv.com)
- CrossFit-Style Holiday Workouts (theascentblog.com)
- 8 Tips to Stay Healthy This Season (news.health.com)
- Tips to Staying Fit This Holiday Season (eversave.com)
- Stay Fit This Holiday: Weight Loss Program Fee Waived at Newport Beach Wellness Center (prweb.com)
- Tips for Avoiding Weight Gain During the Holidays (chatonsworld.blogspot.com)
- Simple Steps to Keep Away Those Sneaky Holiday Pounds (atlantablackstar.com)
- How to Avoid Holiday Weight Gain in 8 Simple Tips (massageenvy.com)
- hCGTreatments / Diet Doc hCG Diets & Weight Loss Plans Announces Holiday Diet that Encourages Eating Over the Holidays (prweb.com)
- How to Keep the ‘lbs’ Off During the Holidays (fsu.uloop.com)