I just wanted to give you an update on how my fall hair challenge is going. It’s been about a month since I started. The first couple of weeks were easy! I kept my hair in twists. It actually felt great not having to do anything with it at night and every morning!
LOL! This was a life saver! Now, I’m hooked and am planning to buy a few more. I still keep my hair twisted, as seen in the first photo. I’ve also noticed some growth by giving my hair some rest. Overall, I am very satisfied with how things are going.
Some things to keep in mind when you are wearing wigs:
- Maintaining your natural hair is still very important.
- Never put a wig on damp hair, you can develop fungus, among other things.
- Wash, condition and moisturize your hair regularly. Wash at least once per week. Moisturize it daily – particularly at night.
- DO NOT use a stocking cap under your wig. A satin wrap or nothing at all is better. Stocking caps cut off the circulation which could lead to further scalp damage.
- Massage your scalp daily to promote circulation that may be prevented while wearing your wig.
I will update you again in about a month!
Thanks for reading!
- My Fall Hair Growth Challenge (crystalswholehealth.com)
- Don’t let the Fall Season catch your hair off guard! (fearlesslynatural.wordpress.com)
- Protective Hair Styles (mycurlsmykinks.wordpress.com)