In an earlier post, I posted a diagram of the importance of water and its effects on the body (why … Continue reading Tips to increase your fruit and vegetable intake
Are you ready for some football and food! Continue reading …for Your Super Bowl Watch Party
85 Whole Foods! Continue reading 85 Whole Foods, Non-GMO, NSF Certified, Kosher!
Fruits and Vegetables Needed Daily Continue reading How Many Cups Do You Need?
Get Your Daily Required Fruits and Vegetables Today! Continue reading INSPIRING HEALTHY LIVING AROUND THE WORLD
It’s that time of year, #flu/cold season is upon us. How do you stay well? I’ve learned to incorporate many foods, herbs, and spices into my diet, which along with regular #exercise, keeps my immune system up and running well. It is extremely important to me to support my #immune #health due to my #colitis. Catching a cold or the flu will only make my condition become active or worsen. I’m all about staying in remission, because active #colitis is no joke.
Below are my top 10:
- Bone broth / chicken broth – great for a bedtime snack. Broth, alone, is actually packed with all the essential amino acids that the body needs. Aids is recovery for many internal illnesses.
- Garlic and onions – many people take garlic pills, which are more potent than simply crushing and consuming a small bulb of fresh garlic.
- Citrus fruits – I buy frozen fruit and mix them in my protein shakes.
- Ginger – great for warming up the body and fighting colds instantly
- Fermented Foods – yogurt, kefir, etc.
- Cold-water fish – a protein-rich food
- Sweet potatoes – a great complex carb for after your workout. I eat one a day. LOVE THEM!
- Mushrooms – great alone as a side dish (which is my favorite way to eat them) or mixed with your green vegetables
- Brazil nuts – I grew up on these. My parents always kept nuts in the house.
- Pumpkin seeds / sunflower seeds – great for the gut as well.
The Best Gift EVER!!!! Continue reading Time is of the Essence!
An Excellent Gift! Continue reading What Can You Grow?
You Need to…. Continue reading Have You Joined Yet?
Gardening Inside is It! Continue reading Put a Farmer’s Market on Your Back Porch