Many of the reasons we have health issues as we get older is because we have never really paid attention to what we consume, and a lot of the things we consume are really bad for us. If you truly love yourself, you will start paying attention to things you consume and their effects on your health – mentally and physically.
From my own research, I have learned a lot about clean eating, health, wellness and fitness, but there is always more to learn. No one knows everything. So, I met with my friend Viktoria, a Holistic Health & Nutrition Coach, and I have learned so much more!
If you’d like to reach out to Viktoria, here’s how you can connect:
Holistic Health & Nutrition Coach
Phone: 440.313.5810 | website: www.nourishwithviktoria.com
It Is OK to start over, and it does not matter how many times you have to do it as long as you don’t quit. In my health, wellness and fitness journey, I have started over numerous times and at one point I felt really bad about it. Today, I realize that I shouldn’t feel bad about it because I’m human, and as long as I have not completely quit then it’s OK to start over, re-center yourself and continue on to the goal that you have set for yourself. The path may have changed but it doesn’t mean that you’re going in the wrong direction. In fact, you are probably closer than you were before! Sometimes, we have to go through darkness, valleys and blindness before our eyes are opened and we see the light that lights the path that we must take to move forward!
Super Food Recipes
Hot wings, chips and salsa, and seven layer dip are a few items that make the list for popular football Sunday foods. It’s easy to claim Sunday as your ‘cheat’ day, but with many ways of incorporating healthy ingredients, there is no reason why your game day menu can’t be healthy as well. Try adding superfoods to your football party with the following recipes:
– Read More
#avocado, #clean-eating, #eating #habits, #Food, #fruits, #Health, #healthyeating, #JuicePlus, #Nutrition, #vegetables
Keep It Simple & Savory!
Whether or not you have decided to make a lifestyle change or are planning to, Thanksgiving does not have to break your vision and mission. Even in the midst of the holiday season there is a way to maintain your healthy/clean eating lifestyle and enjoy the festivities. If you are a newbie, you are wondering if you’ll make it through all the holiday festivities, sweet and fatty foods, and good wine and other spirits. Trust me, YOU CAN DO IT! You just have to find a way, create a plan, and stick to the plan.
Believe you can and you will!
“How?” you ask. Here are some simple tips to follow:
- I find the easiest way to get through is to make sure I am eating as healthy and as clean as I can at every meal before and after the holiday. I keep my workouts going on my regular schedule, as you should too. Think of each holiday as your “cheat meal” day, which means you get to treat yourself when the day comes and fully enjoy it.
- Another suggestion would be to eat before going to the party and make sure you are full of good things, so when you get to the party you will not overindulge. I do this quite a bit.
- When you get to the dinner party, be sure to be selective and pick the selections that are best for you and supports your goals. If it doesn’t, then stay away from it. You must have a strong will and desire to stick to your mission for this strategy.
- Keep in mind that what you drink has calories as well, so be mindful when making your drink selections. Alcohol is high in calories and carbs! Try to avoid it.
- If you do decide to eat those high-calorie dishes, tread lightly. Eat very small portions.
- When preparing meals, consider cooking healthier versions of your recipes. Limit or remove sugary and fatty selections. Instead of sweet potato pie, try sweet potato casserole with cinnamon, but without all the brown sugar and marshmallows. Instead of pumpkin pie, try a pumpkin mousse or pumpkin soup. Sugar-free cake is a great alternative and is actually very good.
- Stick to the basics: 1 meat, 1 vegetable, and 1 carb. Refrain from cooking too much, otherwise you feel forced to eat it all. You will surely get off track and off plan when you have too much to choose.
I hope this helps you this season!
Always be mindful of what you’re eating and what you want to accomplish.
. . . is the REAL sanctuary! What do you have going on in there? It’s time to clean it up and get rid of all the toxins – toxic people, toxic thoughts, toxic foods, and toxic actions! Have FAITH in yourself, REPENT, and RECOMMIT to YOU!
JOIN THE MOVEMENT
2015 is Almost Here!
Are you thinking about your resolutions? Thinking about getting in the best shape of your life once again?
Then, it is time to get FOR REAL this time and make that commitment to yourself – NO ONE ELSE!
“True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new.”
— Antoine de Saint-Exupery
To RSVP for the next information session on DEC 6.
Early Bird Registration ENDS DECEMBER 1! Register NOW and Save!
Don’t be afraid to ask for and seek help…
Everyone struggles with getting and staying on a healthy and fit lifestyle plan, but it can be done with the right supportive environment, community of like-minded and goal-oriented individuals, and a network of professionals with the expert knowledge that serves and supports your goals.
The Fit & Fabulous Forever Movement’s Vision is to be a global leader in nutrition and fitness education, creating lasting lifestyle changes, and empowering the community of individuals whom we serve.