First of all ladies, we are not made to get as big as men. We simply do not have the … Continue reading Don’t Worry, You Won’t ‘Bulk-up’ from Working Out…Unless you want to!
In an earlier post, I posted a diagram of the importance of water and its effects on the body (why … Continue reading Tips to increase your fruit and vegetable intake
BELIEVE IT OR NOT! It is okay to eat before you go to bed! The body uses up quite a … Continue reading 6 Snacks You Can Eat Before Bed
Are you ready for some football and food! Continue reading …for Your Super Bowl Watch Party
It’s that time of year, #flu/cold season is upon us. How do you stay well? I’ve learned to incorporate many foods, herbs, and spices into my diet, which along with regular #exercise, keeps my immune system up and running well. It is extremely important to me to support my #immune #health due to my #colitis. Catching a cold or the flu will only make my condition become active or worsen. I’m all about staying in remission, because active #colitis is no joke.
Below are my top 10:
- Bone broth / chicken broth – great for a bedtime snack. Broth, alone, is actually packed with all the essential amino acids that the body needs. Aids is recovery for many internal illnesses.
- Garlic and onions – many people take garlic pills, which are more potent than simply crushing and consuming a small bulb of fresh garlic.
- Citrus fruits – I buy frozen fruit and mix them in my protein shakes.
- Ginger – great for warming up the body and fighting colds instantly
- Fermented Foods – yogurt, kefir, etc.
- Cold-water fish – a protein-rich food
- Sweet potatoes – a great complex carb for after your workout. I eat one a day. LOVE THEM!
- Mushrooms – great alone as a side dish (which is my favorite way to eat them) or mixed with your green vegetables
- Brazil nuts – I grew up on these. My parents always kept nuts in the house.
- Pumpkin seeds / sunflower seeds – great for the gut as well.
Just Getting Started! Continue reading How My “Leg Day” Begins
Let’s Get The Year Started Right! Continue reading YOU
Last day to save! Continue reading HAPPY NEW YEAR!
The Best Gift EVER!!!! Continue reading Time is of the Essence!
Gardening Inside is It! Continue reading Put a Farmer’s Market on Your Back Porch