Here is a great video about products and understanding how to maintain moisture in your natural hair:
I must admit I was skeptical when I came across this product a month ago. . .
I was walking through the mall, browsing and wasting time, when I walked past the Aveda store and saw a sign that said something about increasing the moisture in my hair up to 97%.
Considering I have 4C hair, which soaks in moisture like a sponge and still seems dry, I found “97%” to be a very profound claim. I had nearly past the store completely when it finally sinked in. Suddenly, I stopped in my tracks and began to walk backwards. LOL!
My curiosity was peaked, and I had to find out more. The sales associate was very polite and informative. She let me try some on a few strands of hair. She gave me a GREAT neck and back massage, introduced me to a few other products, and signed me up for a FREE facial the following weekend. Although the perks were compelling, as well as many of the products, I chose not to buy the Dry Remedy product that day, BUT I received a sample with the purchase I did make.
There was enough in the sample to last a couple weeks, as you did not need to apply a lot of it. After the first few days, I did notice a difference. I was pleasantly surprised.
I used the entire sample, and decided that it was worth the purchase. Although I am not fond of the smell, I like the results. My hair is softer, and maintains more moisture. It is packed with natural oil ingredients. It is a little pricey for the size, but like I said, a little goes a long way.
Try it for yourself!
Crystal’s Whole Health
The weather is changing and getting colder. It is the time of year when the hair becomes most vulnerable to dryness and breakage. Sound familiar?
Well, here are a few steps to help you seal moisture and maintain your natural locks, twists, and curls.
- Order your layers. In otherwords, make sure you are applying your products in the proper order – water, oil, then a water-based moisturizer or humectant.
- Use the 15-minute water trick. In between washes, mist your hair daily with water or thoroughly wet your hair (your choice). Then, let it sit on your hair for about 15 minutes before applying any other products. This is the time it takes for hair to become fully saturated.
- Avoid using too much product. Use half a teaspoon or less for your entire head when using oil or a moisturizer.
- Shower without covering your hair.
- Winter Hair Woes Solved! Thanks To Frederic Fekkai (fabsugar.com)