How are you holding up? Are you in the fear, learning, or growth zone? Do you find yourself going in and out of zones as you deal with what is happening across the globe today?
I think we are all struggling with our mindset during this time, but I want to encourage you to work to steer away from the fear zone. We tend to operate out of fear because we don’t have absolute control, but fear holds us back and can have, not only emotional & psychological effects, but also physiological effects – STRESS – which can break down the immune system.
During this time, we need to stay as healthy as possible, so let’s take a moment today to begin monitoring our mindset and stress levels. You ARE IN CONTROL of YOU! Who do you choose to be??? ~ all in love 😘❤️
“Oxidative stress is essentially an imbalance between the production of free radicals and the ability of the body to counteract or detoxify their harmful effects through neutralization by antioxidants.”
~ Dr. Ananya Mandal, MD
Oxidative stress will make you tired, fat, sick, and old.
Oxidative stress leads to:
- many pathophysiological conditions in the body
- neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease
- gene mutations and cancers
- chronic fatigue syndrome
- fragile X syndrome
- heart and blood vessel disorders
- heart failure
- heart attack
- inflammatory diseases
So, how do we prevent oxidative stress?
- Make sure you are eating properly, which should include whole foods such as whole fruits, whole vegetables, lean meats, and whole grains.
- The proper amount of whole foods will also provide your body with the proper antioxidants needed to reduce free radicals. Some specific antioxidants are green tea, raspberries, citrus, berries, onions, broccoli, and olive oil.
- Strength training
- Martial arts
Tips To Prevent Oxidative Stress For Optimal Body Composition & Longevity