The weather is changing and getting colder. It is the time of year when the hair becomes most vulnerable to dryness and breakage. Sound familiar?
Well, here are a few steps to help you seal moisture and maintain your natural locks, twists, and curls.
- Order your layers. In otherwords, make sure you are applying your products in the proper order – water, oil, then a water-based moisturizer or humectant.
- Use the 15-minute water trick. In between washes, mist your hair daily with water or thoroughly wet your hair (your choice). Then, let it sit on your hair for about 15 minutes before applying any other products. This is the time it takes for hair to become fully saturated.
- Avoid using too much product. Use half a teaspoon or less for your entire head when using oil or a moisturizer.
- Shower without covering your hair.
- Winter Hair Woes Solved! Thanks To Frederic Fekkai (fabsugar.com)