“Oxidative stress is essentially an imbalance between the production of free radicals and the ability of the body to counteract or detoxify their harmful effects through neutralization by antioxidants.”
~ Dr. Ananya Mandal, MD
Oxidative stress will make you tired, fat, sick, and old.
Oxidative stress leads to:
- many pathophysiological conditions in the body
- neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease
- gene mutations and cancers
- chronic fatigue syndrome
- fragile X syndrome
- heart and blood vessel disorders
- heart failure
- heart attack
- inflammatory diseases
- Make sure you are eating properly, which should include whole foods such as whole fruits, whole vegetables, lean meats, and whole grains.
- The proper amount of whole foods will also provide your body with the proper antioxidants needed to reduce free radicals. Some specific antioxidants are green tea, raspberries, citrus, berries, onions, broccoli, and olive oil.
- Strength training
- Martial arts
Source: Tips To Prevent Oxidative Stress For Optimal Body Composition & Longevity By